Commissioner of the Revenue
The Commissioner of the Revenue is elected by the voters of Goochland County to a four-year term. My current term began on January 1, 2020 and ends on December 31, 2023. It is my honor to proudly serve as your Commissioner of the Revenue and to contribute to the growth and success of our county.
It is the goal of my office to provide the highest quality of customer service to all citizens of Goochland County. We strive to be courteous, efficient, timely, and diligent in performing duties in the following areas:
- Administering the Tax Relief for the Elderly/Disabled Program for real estate
- Assessing all personal property, including machinery and equipment, of individuals and businesses
- Assessing all businesses sited in the county for business license
- Short Term Rental Tax
- Assisting with state income taxes and state income tax estimated payments
- The assessment of other various taxes mandated by the Code of Virginia and Goochland's Local Tax Ordinances
- DMV Select
We have made every effort to provide easier access to vital information for taxpayers via the Commissioner of the Revenue's website. Information and forms are now available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you have thoughts on ways that we can improve our efforts. We are here to serve you!
The Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) guarantees citizens of the Commonwealth and representatives of the media access to public records. For information on making a FOIA request to the Commissioner of the Revenue, contact Bridgette N. Carrington, Chief Deputy Commissioner of the Revenue FOIA Officer, at (804) 556-5807. Information is also available in the Commissioner of the Revenue Public Records Request Policy listed under Related Links.