Jo Ann Hunter, Deputy County Administrator for Community and Economic Development and Utilities
Jo Ann provides leadership to the Departments of Community Development, Economic Development, Public Utilities, and the Customer Service Center.
Jo Ann has almost 20 years of local government experience serving in Hanover County, the Town of Ashland, and Henrico County. She has been with Goochland since 2013, previously serving as the Director of Community Development.
Jo Ann has a Masters in Urban Planning from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Bachelor of Science degree from Longwood University. Jo Ann is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
- Oversee the operations of the organization
- Serve the needs of the Board of Supervisors, and follow up on all pertinent matters
- Advance the Board's strategic priorities, working in collaboration with internal and external customers
- Present and monitor the annual report card of success indicators for the Strategic Plan
- Conduct and analyze the citizen satisfaction survey
- Promote transparency - issue Board agenda packets, maintain minutes and video/audio recordings of public meetings, provide spending details through the online check register, publish detailed annual budget documents, present detailed quarterly budget projections, etc.
- Answer requests of citizens and businesses, including responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Maintain AAA credit rating
- Oversee all financial plans, including the annual audit, the operating budget, and the Capital Improvement Program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>