- Your Government
- County Administration
Victor J. "Vic" Carpenter County Administrator
Mr. Carpenter began his duties as County Administrator effective June 20, 2022. He most recently served as the County Administrator for Kershaw County, South Carolina with more than 25 years of local government experience.
Mr. Carpenter has served as President of the South Carolina Managers, Administrators and Supervisors Association and has been actively involved in his community through Rotary International, Kiwanis and as President of the Boys and Girls Club. He previously led his former county to receive the All-America City Award, oversaw the construction of numerous buildings and managed record fund balances as well as effectively used excess fund balances to provide needed capital upgrades for the county.
In coming to Virginia, Carpenter returns to his family’s roots which trace back several centuries. He has noted that Kershaw County is very similar to Goochland in that it is a growing county with a rural agricultural history striving to retain its rural character.
Krystal M. Onaitis, Deputy County Administrator
Ms. Onaitis began her duties as Deputy County Administrator on October 17, 2022. She comes to Goochland with just over a decade of local government experience, at the executive level. She has earned both her Bachelor's in Political Science and Master's in Public Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University.
She most recently served as City Manager for Covington, Virginia. In this position she oversaw all day-to-day operations, inclusive of public safety and utilities. She also led regional economic and community development efforts for the Alleghany Highlands during her tenure as City Manager, focusing on historic revitalization, site development and critical infrastructure.
Prior to Covington, Onaitis worked for the City of Richmond, serving in the Mayor’s Office as an advisor, in the Department of Public Works specializing in performance management and strategic planning, ultimately working for the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer of Operations leading various city-wide projects and programs.
- Oversee the operations of the organization
- Serve the needs of the Board of Supervisors, and follow up on all pertinent matters
- Advance the Board's strategic priorities, working in collaboration with internal and external customers
- Present and monitor the annual report card of success indicators for the Strategic Plan
- Conduct and analyze the citizen satisfaction survey
- Promote transparency - issue Board agenda packets, maintain minutes and video/audio recordings of public meetings, provide spending details through the online check register, publish detailed annual budget documents, present detailed quarterly budget projections, etc.
- Answer requests of citizens and businesses, including responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Maintain AAA credit rating
- Oversee all financial plans, including the annual audit, the operating budget, and the Capital Improvement Program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>