Do you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia? Tune in to the Virginia Department of Health’s (VDH) COVID-19 Vaccine Statewide Town Hall tonight, Wednesday, February 10th at 7 p.m.
VDH will be hosting a statewide town hall meeting with community and medical leaders to answer your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and distribution. The statewide town hall will broadcast live at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, February 10th locally on WRIC ABC 8 News and www.wric.com.
It will be hosted by Juan Conde, ABC 8 Anchor and includes panelists:
- Dr. Laurie Archbald-Pannone, Geriatics and Palliative Care UVA Health
- Dr. Danny Avula, Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Coordinator
- Dr. Cecilia Barbosa, Chair of the Health Committee for the Virginia Latino Advisory Board
- Dr. Cheryl Ivey Green, Vice Chair, Virginia African American Advisory Board
- Professor Cynthia Morrow, Director of the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
- Dr. Norm Oliver, State Health Commissioner, Virginia Department of Health
- Dr. Cameron Webb, Senior Policy Advisor for COVID-19 Equity serving the Biden Administration
- Dr. Robert Winn, Director of VCU Massey Cancer Center
Post your questions through social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #VaccinateVirginia.
Learn more about Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Vaccination Response at the following links:
Vaccination Response: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
Vaccine FAQ: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-faq/vaccination/
Vaccine Fact Sheets: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/#general19
At this time those who live or work in Goochland County and the Chickahominy Health District and are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine under Phase 1a and Phase 1b can sign up for the vaccine via options below.
Priority Group 1A:
- Healthcare Personnel (hospitals and non-hospital healthcare workers)
- Long-Term Care Facilities
Priority Group 1B:
- Frontline Essential Workers (Police/Fire/Hazmat, Corrections and Homeless shelter workers, and childcare/PreK-12 teachers/staff)
- People Age 75+
- People Age 65+ with an underlying medical condition
- COVID-19 Vaccine Sign-Up Survey: Eligible individuals can complete the Chickahominy Health District’s COVID-19 online vaccine sign-up survey tool, which can be found here: https://forms.gle/fS8wcHMeBej1gMpA8. If you previously completed the Virginia Department of Health’s “When Can I Get Vaccinated” online tool, then there is no need to register again.
- Chickahominy Health District Hotline: If you prefer to speak to someone, you can call and sign-up over the phone by calling the Chickahominy Health District's COVID-19 call center at (804) 365-3240.
- Goochland County Age 65+ Hotline: Goochland County has a dedicated hotline mailbox to help residents Age 65+ and those who are unable to complete the online sign-up survey due to lack of technology access. Goochland's hotline can be reached at (804) 556-5828, residents will need to leave a message and a volunteer will call you back.