The Centerville Village Draft Final Concept Plan was published on November 19th for review and discussion ahead of the November 28th community meeting.
It is currently available on the County's Small Area Plan website at https://www.goochlandva.us/1213/Centerville-Village-Plan. Comments relating to the latest draft version are currently being accepted on the website prior to and during the community meeting.
Some key concepts included in this plan are as follows:
- The Centerville Village plan aims to assist with developing a vision for what could be allowed with long term development that promotes a sense of place and purpose within the village core connecting it to its rural outlying areas.
- A central focus is blending community, balanced development, and open green space tying Centerville into its rural roots. This interconnectedness is a core value of the plan which also leverages existing utility capacity for long term community development..
- Growth within the Centerville Village and its village core will occur over time, as this plan is intended for long range land use guidelines as part of the County’s Comprehensive Plan.
- The goal is to create a distinct identity for Centerville that not only fosters a sense of community, but also represents a balance and respect for the core land use values of the County.
- The village area identified for the Centerville Village plan study is 4.9 miles, with a Village core comprising about 0.5 sq. miles.
We hope you’ll review the Centerville Village Plan once published.
Join us in-person on November 28th at Grace Chinese Baptist Church located at 850 Broad Street Road, Manakin-Sabot, VA 23013 or virtually via Zoom. Details and information are available at www.goochlandva.us/VillagePlans2022.