Can I have a business in my home?
Yes, as long as your business meets the following definition of home occupation: An occupation carried on by the occupant of a dwelling as a secondary use in connection with which there is no display, and no one is employed other than members of the family residing on the premises; home occupations would include the rental of rooms to tourists, the preparation of food products for sale and similar activities; professional offices, such as medical, dental, legal, engineering and architectural offices, conducted within a dwelling by the occupant.

Please note that you will need to obtain a business license from the Commissioner of Revenue.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What Zoning do I need?
3. Can I subdivide or divide my property?
4. What is a Minor subdivision?
5. What is a Family Division?
6. What is a Major Subdivision?
7. Can I make my property larger or smaller? Adjust or delete a property line?
8. What is an Overlay district and where are they located?
9. Can I have a business in my home?
10. Can I add an in-law suite or second dwelling to my property?
11. How do I find property ownership information?
12. How do I order a missing or damaged street sign?
13. Do I need Zoning approval for my business license?
14. I want to build a farm building or a structure less than 256 sq. feet. What permit do I need?
15. How do I place a zoning complaint?
16. Who do I contact for addressing?
17. Where do I go to find recorded surveys, deeds, or plats of property?