As part of the ACRES Initiative Economic Development and Tourism seek to connect, promote, and encourage rural economic development. Connecting and encouraging visitors to experience everything Goochland offers agriculturally is key to the success of the program.
· Business Plan Workshops Powhatan Virginia Cooperative Extension will be hosting this program in the Fall of 2019. It is designed to assist agricultural producers in writing business plans.
· VSU’s mobile computer lab VSU’s mobile computer lab offers a convenient way to provide instruction on Quickbooks, social media, and other computer programs to farmers.
· Partner in Grants Goochland County partners with Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VADACS) in matching Agriculture and Forestry Industry Development (AFID) grants to qualifying projects.
· The Economic Development Authority, Economic Development, and Parks and Recreation are partners with the Goochland Farmer’s Market and Manakin Market in a tourism grant to create a Farmers Market Trail map.
· Attend various meetings and training sessions on promoting and assisting agriculturally based businesses.
· Actively market Goochland’s existing agriculturally based businesses and the Richmond West Craft Beverage trail on social media and website.