- Public Schools
This proposal will make funds available for the Goochland Public Schools’ capital improvement program, not to exceed $60 million. The proposed bonds are expected to fund the following projects:
- Expansion and enhancements to the existing Middle and High School complex to modernize program space and increase program capacity including:
- An addition to the High School for Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) instruction
- A new auxiliary gymnasium and wrestling room
- Interior renovations to modernize classrooms and provide additional space for fine arts programs
- Construction of a new 650-student elementary school with gymnasium, library, and preschool center on Bulldog Way near Steeplechase Parkway, to replace the existing Goochland Elementary School, which is 64 years old
- Road and parking lot upgrades to improve traffic flow and safety at school facilities along Bulldog Way
The School Board may in the future alter these specific plans, but would still have to use the funds for a purpose described in the ballot question. Under the financing plan prepared for this bond referendum, approval of the referendum question will not require a tax rate increase.
To view a full version of the above map, click here.
Shall the County of Goochland, Virginia (the “County”) contract a debt and issue its General Obligation Public Improvement Bonds in the maximum amount of Sixty Million Dollars ($60,000,000) to provide funds, together with other available funds, to undertake a program of Capital Improvement Projects for (1) the construction and equipping of a new elementary school, (2) improvements to modernize and upgrade existing middle and high school facilities, and (3) improvements to roads and existing parking lots to improve traffic flow on the roads leading to and from the new elementary school and existing middle and high school facilities, in the County?