Human Services/ CSA
Mission: To provide high quality services in an efficient, effective, and
1. Empower children and families to maximize success in their
home, school, and community.
2. Prepare students for life through learning in the least restrictive
3. Manage fiscal resources prudently to achieve favorable outcomes for
the children and families served.
Program Performance Measures:
1. The number of children in foster care who achieve permanency.
2. The number of students funded through CSA who graduate on time.
3. CSA expenditures at or below budgeted projections.
Children's Services Act (CSA)The primary purpose of Human Services office is to administer the Children's Services Act. The Children's Services Act provides funding for child-centered, family-focused services designed to meet the needs of the following targeted populations:
1. Children placed for the purpose of special education in approved private school education programs through an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
2 Children for whom foster care services are being provided to children committed to local social service agencies by the court, entrusted to social services by their parent or guardian, or placed through parental agreements for the purpose of placement in suitable family homes, child-caring institutions, residential facilities, or independent living arrangements.
3. “Children in need of services” as defined in COV § 16.1-228.
Virginia Juvenile Community Crime Control Act (VJCCCA)
VJCCCA is a program through the Department of Juvenile Justice which allows individual communities to develop programs designed to intervene with youth who are before the court on petitions alleging that the youth is delinquent, in need of services, or in need of supervision to prevent them from entering secure detention. The Office of Children's Services coordinates court- ordered Community Service assignments and Substance Abuse Education classes. For more information contact the Office of Children's Services.
Community Policy Management Team (CPMT)
The purpose of the Community Policy Management Team is to create, maintain, and manage a collaborative system of services and funding that is youth centered, family focused, and community-based when addressing the strengths and needs of troubled and at-risk youth and their families.
The Community Policy Management Team generally meets on the fourth Monday of each month. For specific meeting dates and times, please Click on the following link:
Carla Cave Director of Finance
Jennifer Waggener Goochland Public Schools
Lester Saltzberg Director, Goochland Powhatan CSB
Kimberly Jefferson Director, Goochland Department of Social Services
Alexandria Tisdale Probation Supervisor, 16th District Court Services Unit
Ann Casey Parent Representative
Karen Stalzer Goochland Health Department
Paul Bratton Private Provider Representative