Planning & Zoning
The Centerville Small Area Plan has been scheduled for a public hearing on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room (RM 250) of the Goochland County Administration Building located at 1800 Sandy Hook Road, Goochland, VA 23063. Read on...
The Centerville Small Area Plan has been scheduled for a public hearing on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, beginning at 6:00 PM in the Board Room (Room 250) of the Goochland County Administration Building located at 1800 Sandy Hook Road, Goochland, VA 23063. Read on...
Between transportation projects, village planning, and economic development, a lot has been happening in the Courthouse area. Read on...
Solar Energy Ordinance and Policy Update
Goochland County is proposing updates to our zoning ordinance related to solar energy facilities and energy storage facilities. Accompanying this ordinance update will be a policy that will provide guidance for zoning related to these facilities in areas such as siting provisions, size, buffering, impact mitigation, land disturbance, and decommissioning. We do encourage that you share directly with staff any questions and comments on the ordinance and policy recommendations by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, further opportunity for comment would also be available at future hearings before the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors.
The next public hearing on the ordinance and policy will be before the Planning Commission on April 6, 2023. The public hearings start at 7PM and will be held in the Board Meeting Room (250) at the County Administration Building at 1800 Sandy Hook Road.
Staff may answer questions regarding permitted uses, building setbacks, signage, family subdivisions and splitting parcels, transportation, and future development in the County.
Planning and Zoning is the lead agency for:
- Administration/enforcement of County Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances
- Citizen participation, legal advertisement, and technical review of Rezoning, Conditional Use Permit, and Variance applications and certain County Code amendments
- Administrative support for Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Design Review Committee
- Zoning certification of site plans; building permits; sign permits; business licenses; and architectural, lighting, and landscape designs
- Certification of subdivision plats, vacation plats, and plats of record
- Oversight of the County’s Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Transportation planning and coordinating projects with Virginia Department of Transportation (VDoT)
- Represent the County on regional planning, transportation, and environmental organizations
- Conservation Easement programs and NEPA environmental assessments
- Recycling and Litter Council activities
- Grant administration for selected grants
- Demographic data