- Your Government
- Circuit Court
- Accommodation Requests
Circuit Court Accommodation Requests
Accommodation requests should be made as soon as the need is identified.
Requests for Accommodation for Person with Disabilities
Goochland Circuit Court provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who require assistance. The Courts have the following items generally available upon request:
- Furniture Adjustments
- Hearing Amplification/Assisted Listening Devices
- Parking Access
- Pen and Paper
Contact the appropriate Clerk’s Office to request assistance
Circuit Court – (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay
Interpreters are not automatically scheduled for all cases. Call the Clerk’s Office at (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay to determine eligibility and request interpreter services.
Foreign Language Interpreters
The Court provides foreign language interpreters in all matters before the Court regardless of whether you are the petitioner, respondent, victim, parent, child, or defendant.
If you need an interpreter to file a petition, please call the Clerk’s Office at (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay to schedule an appointment and inform them that you will need an interpreter.
- Prior to court, you may confirm with the Clerk’s Office at (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay that an interpreter has been assigned to assist you.
- ADA Notice (Virginia’s Judicial Branch)
- ADA Accommodations Request Procedure
- ADA Accommodations Request Form
Deaf/Hard of Hearing and Blind/Visually Impaired Accommodations
- The Court works in coordination with the Department of Deaf & Hard of Hearing to provide interpreters.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing and need accommodations during your hearing, please make your request directly to the Clerk of Court by calling (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay
- If you are blind or visually impaired and need accommodations, please contact the Clerk of Court by calling (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay