The waiving of fees for brush disposal applies only to Goochland residents, it does not include or apply to commercial entities or operations.
The waiving of fees for brush disposal through Friday, April 1st is occurring at both the Central Convenience Center at 1908 Hidden Rock Lane and the Western Convenience Center at 3455 Hadensville-Fife Road. The Convenience Centers are open Monday – Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Below are the locations of the Convenience Centers.
Central Convenience Center
Western Convenience Center
|1908 Hidden Rock Lane|
Maidens, VA 23102
|3455 Hadensville-Fife Road|
Goochland, VA 23063
For more information on Goochland County's Convenience Centers, please visit https://www.goochlandva.us/289/Convenience-Centers.
Virginia 4:00 P.M. Burning Law in Effect Through April 30th
The Goochland Community is reminded that Virginia's 4:00 p.m. Burning Law is in effect through April 30th.
The 4:00 PM Burning Law specifies:
- No burning until AFTER 4:00 p.m. February 15 through April 30 of each year, if the fire is in or within 300 feet of woodland, brushland or field containing dry grass or other flammable material.
- Fire shall not be left unattended if within 150 feet of woodland, brushland or fields containing dry grass.
- No new fires set, no fuel added, or fire rekindled after midnight.
- Law applies to campfires, warming fires, brush piles, leaves, household trash, stumps, fields of broomstraw and brush or anything capable of spreading fire.
- The law provides for a penalty of up to $500, plus payment of court costs and fire suppression costs if the fire escapes.
For questions or more information about the 4:00 p.m. Burning Law contact the local Virginia Department of Forestry office at (540.967.3702) or Goochland County Fire-Rescue (804.556.5304).