- You may hold the animal at your home for the mandated holding period.
- Submit a Found Pet Report.
- An Animal Protection Officer will come to your home to check the animal for a microchip.
I have found a cat or dog roaming loose:
- Contact Animal Protection and an Officer will come to your location.
- All stray animals must be initially housed at the Animal Shelter.
- This allows the best opportunity for the pet to be reunited with it's owner.
- If not reclaimed by an owner, you can adopt the animal.
Submitting a Found Pet Report:
- In person at the Animal Shelter Tuesday through Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- By calling (804) 556-5302 and selecting option 2.
- By clicking on this Found Pet link to submit a report by email.
Animal Protection Director Emailtclough@goochlandva.us